Building Your Site
Extensions expand the functionality of DNN. The most commonly used extensions when building a website are modules, themes, and containers.
- Modules present content on a page or perform administrative tasks.
- Themes and containers define the appearance of the pages and modules, respectively.
Note: Extensions must be installed and enabled by the host before they become available for use in any site or page.
To build a site,
- Create or copy one or more pages on the site. A new page is based on the layout template, which defines the panes on the page.
- Configure the page, including the permissions. Specific pages can be restricted to users in certain roles, such as subscribers.
- To each page, add one or more modules. Each pane on the page can hold one module.
- Configure the modules, choose containers for each, and add content where appropriate.
- Add themes for the entire site and optionally for individual pages.
- Test your site.
- Publish your site.
Tip: The Site Wizard is a quick way to configure the basic settings for a site, change the design, and apply a template.
Please sign in to leave a comment.