Pages on DNN sites use several components to help admins make the site more searchable and provide additional value. These components include keywords, tags, hierarchy, tracking, scheduling, indexing, and more.
This article shares the process for site admins to create or modify pages and provides links to information about the various page settings.
- Access to a SuperUser Account or an Administrator account.
Follow these steps:
- Go to Persona Bar > Content > Pages.
- Click the page name to modify a page or click the Add Page or the Add Multiple Pages button to add new pages.
- Edit Details to configure the page settings as described below:
Field Description [Page] Name Required. Used in navigation. [Page] Title Displayed as the browser window's title.
Tip: The title is used by search engines to identify the information on the page. Include at least five highly descriptive words, and keep the title under 200 characters.
[Page] Description Information about the page. Keywords Comma-separated keywords that can be used by search engines to help index your site's pages. Tags Predefined tags that you can choose from the dropdown if any are defined in the Taxonomy Manager.
The page under which the new pages should reside in the hierarchy. Display in Menu If enabled, the page is included in the main navigation menu. If the page is not included in the navigation menu, you can still link to it using its URL. Link Tracking If enabled, tracking links are created to determine where traffic to the page is coming from. Workflow Predefined workflow states that you can choose from the dropdown. Enable Scheduling
Use this option to publish pages for a certain time. This is useful for pages sharing limited-time offers.
Page Template The template layouts are defined by the theme used in the site. You may import external templates from XML. XML File The XML file containing the template to import.
- Go to the Permissions tab to configure permissions for different roles to perform actions on the selected or newly created page.
- Edit Advanced settings for pages.
- In the Modules subtab, admins may edit or delete the modules on the page, as needed. Note: The Modules tab appears only when configuring standard pages.
- In the Appearance subtab, configure how the page is displayed.
- In the SEO subtab, configure SEO-related settings for the page.
- In the More subtab, configure security and caching for the page.
- Click Save.
- Once a page has been created, admins can perform the following actions on it:
- You can check the newly created pages or the changes made to existing pages on the left-hand page menu by going into Content > Pages