- DNN Platform
- Evoq Content
- Evoq Engage
- A local DNN installation with host permissions.
- Visual Studio 2015 is the recommended IDE for developing DNN modules.
Start a Visual Studio project using DNN templates.
Modify the Visual Studio project to add functionality to your new module.
Start building, debugging, and packaging.
Build in debug mode.
This build produces .pdb files that are needed when stepping through your code.
Debug, if needed.
Create the DNN Manifest.
Build in release mode.
This build creates an installation zip file (your module's package) in the folder
Alternatively, you can manually pack your module.
- MVC Module Development
- SPA Module Development
- Providers Reference
- DNN API Reference
- DNN Wiki: Module Development
- DNN Community Blog: Module Development series by Clinton Patterson
- Using the New Module Development Templates for DotNetNuke 7 by Chris Hammond