In terms of permissions, DNN classifies user accounts into three groups:
- Super User (Host): Has full permissions for all sites within the DNN instance.
- Administrator: Has permissions to manage one or more specific sites.
- Regular User: Has permissions based on predefined or custom roles within a specific site.
A super user can manage all accounts, including other superuser accounts. An administrator can manage the accounts of regular users and other administrators.
- DNN Platform
- Evoq Content
- Evoq Engage
Tasks Related to User Accounts
- Creating a User Account
- Authorizing a User Account
- Assigning a Single User to Multiple Roles
- Removing a Single User from Multiple Roles
- Editing a User Account
- Managing User Passwords
- Deleting a User Account
- Deleting All Unauthorized Users
- Restoring a Deleted User Account
- Purging a Deleted User Account
- Restoring Multiple Deleted Users
- Purging Multiple Deleted Users
- Creating a Host Account
- Authorizing a Host Account
- Promoting a User to Host
- Demoting a Host to Regular User
- Managing a Host's Password
- Deleting a Host Account
- Deleting All Unauthorized Hosts
- Restoring a Deleted Host Account
- Purging a Deleted Host Account