Submit Your Site to Google Search for Indexing
- A host / super user account. Hosts have full permissions to all sites in the DNN instance.
- Go to .
- Go to the Sitemap Settings tab.
- Copy the Sitemap URL and save it for later use.
- Add and verify your site in Google Search Console so you can submit your sitemap's URL for indexing.
- Go to Google Search Console.
- Open the Add property dropdown and click Add property.
- Enter your site URL in the Add property window and click Continue.
- Copy the filename provided by Google in the Recommended verification method (HTML file) section.
- In the DNN Sitemap Settings page, in the Site Submission section, paste the filename to the Verification field and click Create.
- In the Google Verification page, click Verify.
You will receive the confirmation message Ownership verified.
- Click Go To Property underneath the confirmation message.
- Choose Sitemaps from the navigation menu at left.
- Under Add a new sitemap, enter the sitemap URL from step 3 and click Submit.
Your DNN sitemap will then be available for Google to index, although there is no set timeline for Google to crawl a newly submitted site. See the Google documentation Manage your sitemaps for next steps, including resolving any errors in the sitemap.
- To find which pages from your site are currently visible in Google searches, search Google for "site:" followed by your site's URL. For example, searching Google for site:dnnsoftware.com will return results from the domain dnnsoftware.com.
Please sign in to leave a comment.