The following instructions will help admins and content managers export individual sites within a DNN portal. This is especially helpful when moving a finished site from a testing to a production instance.
NOTE: An export can take time depending on the selected components and the size of the site.
ALSO NOTE: The export will fail if any files or folders utilize a forward slash in their name. These should be renamed prior to attempting an export.
Requirements: SuperUser/Host access
1. Log in to your DNN portal with SuperUser/Host credentials.
2. Go to .
2. Select the specific site to export from the site drop-down.
3. Click on the Export Data button.
4. Configure the export settings as needed.
|Name||A user-friendly name to refer to the export.|
|Include in Export||The components to export.|
|Pages in Export||The pages to export.|
|Include Deletions||If enabled (On), Recycle Bin items are exported.
Note: These items are not imported into a Production installation.
|Run Now||If enabled (On), the process starts immediately.|
Differential. Exports only the differences between the last export and the current state.
Full. Exports the selected components and pages fully.
Note: The first export is always a full export.
5. Click on the Begin Export button.
The following dialogue box will pop up:
6. You will be automatically brought to the queue section. Validate that the export has successfully finished by looking for the Completed status:
NOTE: The export will be found in the App_Data/ExportImport folder of your DNN installation.
The Jobs are stored in the ExportImportJobs table and the Logs for each job are stored in the ExportImportJobLogs table:
- Level 0 logs are for every event in the process.
- Level 1 logs are for general information such as totals, sizes.
- Level 2 logs are for warnings such as pages skipped.
- Level 3 logs are for errors and exceptions.