Create an API Key
Warning: Verify that you are at the site that will be associated with the API key before creating the key.
- A host / super user account. Hosts have full permissions to all sites in the DNN instance.
- Microservices must be enabled for your site.
- Go to .
- Go to the API Keys tab.
- Click/Tap Add New API Key.
- Enter the properties of the API key.
- Enter a human-friendly name for the API key.
- Choose the permissions to grant to the app that uses the API key.
Note: An API key is associated with the content items of a specific site; i.e., the site that was current when the key was created.
- Click/Tap Create.
- Search for the API key in the list.
- To copy the API key to your clipboard, click/tap the clipboard icon in the API Key column.
Note: Only content items or content types can be queried when using a key that is created through this method.
Please sign in to leave a comment.