Users will utilize the import feature to import a specific portal into another environment. The steps in this article will help users import sites within a DNN portal.
- A host/superuser account (hosts have full permissions to all sites in the DNN instance).
- The export package must be copied to the server that hosts the target site in the SiteRoot/App_Data/ExportImport folder.
If the source site from which pages were exported has been localized, the destination site should first be configured to have the same localization settings before importing the content. Otherwise, localized content might not be correctly imported or be accessible.
Warning! You cannot undo an import. Back up your site and database before proceeding.
- The following steps will cause the liquid content order to set back to default as the created date of all contents are set to the migration date
- The import will fail if any files or folders utilize a forward slash in their name. These should be renamed prior to attempting an import.
Go to Persona Bar > Settings > Import-Export.
Choose a site to import to.
Click the Import Data button.
Click the package to import and click Continue.
Warning! Make sure that the Folder Name specified in the screen matches the actual folder name in Windows, or the Import process will not start.
Configure the import settings.
Field Description Overwrite Collisions If enabled (On), objects in the target site will be overwritten Run Now If enabled (On), the process starts immediately
Check the Import/Export Log for the status of the import.
To test that the site has been successfully imported:
- Go to the portal that you've imported the export package to.
- Check any page that was in the export package to see if the changes were imported.
Please sign in to leave a comment.